Janos pronounced Hah-nos, long o.
Janos is a little town in northern Mexico not too far in to the country. It is a cute little Mexican town where life is simple and people there care for each other. Emma and Celso make sure that those who are in need get those needs met. My life has been blessed by knowing these people. I appreciated the opportunity to visit and serve here a second time. I never thought that would ever happen.
Even though I had been to Janos before, this trip was different. While the hosts were the same, the lodging the same (more work done on it though), the cooks the same, the place of the clinic the same and even some of the same people tested, this was its own trip. What makes it different. The people on it. Our of 15 people on the team, I had been on teams with three others before. The team leader was a different person from before. Rick, you did a great job! The rest of the team were different people. I think in many ways, this team was closer than the ones I had been on before. Not that the others the members did not become close but this one had a different feel than the previous ones. It is hard for me to explain it though.
Ramona was fun and brought so many life experiences to the group. She has been on some interesting mission trips before. I pray I have half of her energy when I am her age.
Dean has also been on other trips. He has some neat life experiences also. Dean you were a wonderful pointer for me, you managed to figure out what I needed. Thanks for your service.
George, I have been on one other trip with George. He is the life of a party. Since traveling with him last year, he has met a wonderful woman and is getting married this weekend. Congratulations George! May God Bless your marriage.
Darlene, what a trroper. I know your foot had to hurt and you still came along with us. You had so many "mothers" or "nurses" watching out for you and your foot. You are one special lady. You and Russ are one neat couple who really care for and love each other.
Pat, it was fun making this third trip together and getting to know you even better. Your love and care for the people and the health of their eyes is moving. Wonder when we will travel together again. Only God knows the answer to that right now.
Mardelle, it was great getting to know you. Your courage and your strength, wow. I know that this comes from God and He has carried you many times. I look forward to getting to know you better since you live so close.
Debbie, I am so glad you decided to come on one of these trips. You and Rick are great and caring people. You are another neat couple.
Rae, thanks for the opportunity to get to know you a little. Sorry I did not get to know you better. You really care for others and God has blessed you.
Amanda, you are one neat young lady. May God grant you your dreams and make way for you to serve Him May school go well for you.
Dennis, your people really appreciate you and your pastoring. I can see it in the members who came with you on this trip. Thanks for driving the van.
Russ, you did a wonderful job serving God in fitting. You and Darlene are a loving couple who care for others.
Larry, you also did a wonderful job serving God in fitting. Your wife has one special guy in you. Thanks also for driving one of the vans.
Eileen, it was fun serving on another MOST team with you. You are a great friend. You are a mentor for me, if not for hearing you talk at LWML convention a couple of years ago I would not have had these experiences. Thanks.
Rick, you were an awesome team leader. I hope we did not drive you too crazy with our memories from last year. You reallly cared for your team and how we were doing. You even got this one out of her comfort zone and led me to another job which I enjoyed. You and Debbie are great together. God Bless
Gail, the volunteer missionary at Ysleta for a year. You are doing a great job in your service to God to the people at Ysleta and Mexico. It was great meeting you and getting to know you. Thanks for all you did for us.
May God Bless each of the team in what you do and service to HIm in your daily lives.
Where will we meet again. Only God knows that answer for sure. We do know we will meet in heaven if not here on earth. Thank you for being on this team and allowing me the privilege of getting to know you if even for a short time.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment