Thursday, October 27, 2005

Mission Trip - Sept. 23

This is the day I started out on my journey. I left home around 10:30 in the morning. I needed to meet Pat at an interstate interchange at 2 p.m. I had an enjoyable drive and stopped at McDonald's for a salad at noon. I met up with Pat. We got her stuff transferred to my van. We headed on to Omaha. We got to talking and I missed seeing which lane I was to be in so I ended up on I 80 going west into Omaha and I reallly needed I 29 going north to Council Bluffs. Oops! We got turned around and going in the right direction. We checked into our motel. Got our stuff unloaded. Did some stuff on the internet in the motel office. We then took the shuttle over to the Old Market of Omaha. We wandered around there for a while and explored most of the stores. We had supper at the Spaghetti Works. We had the shuttle come and get us. When we arrived back at the hotel, we worked on our Spanish a bit and watched the news regarding hurricane Rita. We were so thankful we were not changing planes in Houston as we had last November. We went to bed early as we were getting the shuttle to the airport at 5:30 in the morning. All in all a good lazy day.

No comments: