Our church is using a new hymnal call the Lutheran Service Book. There is also a new edition of Luther's Small Catechism which is the same color of the hymnal. I recently decided that I wanted a regular size Bible of the English Standard Version. I went to the store and the only copy they had in the edition I wanted was the same color as the hymnal and catechism. I have started calling it "Lutheran Burgandy Brown".
I have a compact pocket edition of the ESV Bible, but these "old" eyes need bright light to read it for very long. It does come in handy for travel and short readings. I am going to a Bible Study called "The Power of We' which is for married and engaged couples. How when conflicts and struggles happen it is because we are thinking of "Me" not "We". Then I am going to be going to the Bible Study on the Lutheran Teachings using the Catechism for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment