Sunday, February 19, 2006

Interesting February, So Far

Well, things have been a bit interesting.

I spent more than a week at my Mom's. She had gotten real sick and was in the hospital. Things did not look good for a few days, but then she turned around and has been good. Back to the nursing home she went. I think whe enjoyed having the three of us there. My brother was up both weekends. My sister came from Texas. Other brother was snowed in so stayed put.

Daniel picked up his aunt from the airport and brought her down. He stayed a couple of days also, then back to class.

Someone stayed at the hospital most of the time. After a couple of days, we all got a good night's sleep. Sis and I roomed together part of the week. Imagine this, me from the northern part of the country where cold (20's, teens and colder) is the norm at this time of year, sis from Texas where cold is oh, maybe 50 or 60. We turn up the heat so sis can be comfortable and I am hot (My kids are going to chucke at this as I am the cold one at home). We did have fun with this.

Mom is doing much better, but did not seem too happy that we were leaving.

David played in a musical and it went pretty well. Guess all the practices and such were interesting. He also drove the hour to it in snow many evenings. I did not get to see it so hope we can get a hold of a recording of it. AJ went twice and thought it was pretty good.

Well, off to take a nice long nap.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It's true, you are always the one that gets cold... We are going to have to talk about this one later!