Saturday, January 21, 2006

My Quilt Top is Finished

I finished piecing my quilt top. Took it in to be quilted. For being my first pieced quilt item of this size (85" by 102") I did not do too bad. I did make some misakes and it is not perfect it turned out pretty good. I learned alot on this quilt on how to do a few things. Quilting is always a learning experience.

I am now working on the 2005 Thimbleberries Block of the Month. I had purchased these throuhout the year but did not work on them. There are 12 blocks. 6 are made into a small quilt called "Sunrise" and the other 6 are made into a small quilt called "Sunset." These make better wall hangings or other decorative item than actual quilts. I have 3 blocks done already, they go so fast.


An interesting view of the whole quilt top!




A close up of a section of the quilt.

1 comment:

Anna said...

That's beautiful! Someday, I would like to have you show me how to make a quilt like that. :)