Yesterday, AJ participated in our school's conference honor band. He enjoyed the day and getting to know kids from around the area. The concert in the evening was pretty good. There were about 120 students from 12 schools participating.
Not much else happening other than the normal day to day things. The weather has turned relatively nice although we have had some very windy days. At least the sun is shining more these days!
I took a second quilt top to the quilter this week and am working on another one. I also figured out what I am going to do with the four fat quarters I bought in Hawaii a year ago. I purchased the fabric to go with those. I also have a kit sitting around for a Christmas one which I am going to work on next. I have a couple of more projects in the drawer also. Now all I have to do is find time to clean the house! That job that is never ending.
We started a Bible Study this week that is pertinent to rural congregations. 28 people came which was great. They all really seem to appreciate the study. We are in a rural area with declining population so the churches are also getting smaller and finding it harder to maintain their budgets. There are many more dual parishes than there were even 5 years ago. It use to be that communities did not want to close their schools as they felt they would lose their identity, we are seeing some of the same thing with the small rural churches. It is sad, but on the other hand, there is not much in the rural areas to keep the young people here if they are not farming.
Well that is some of the goings on lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment