Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

May everyone have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving. There are so many things which to be thankful. Starting with our Lord and Savior.

Family, friends and health top the list. The opportunity to serve God by serving each other is wonderful everyday.

Today has been interesting. We usually eat our dinner late afternoon. I had the turkey and dressing already and put in the oven. The electricity went out! No! I reported the outage and they said up to two hours. Two hours later and still no power. Called again. Found out that crews were working on it and that the cause was a vehicular accident. I had just seen a two truck go up the road. A bit later it came back with a pretty messed up van. The power was not on it so we went into town and one place was open where we had dinner. Went to K-Mart for a bit. Returned home around 3 and the power was on. Put the turkey in. When it is done, I will cut it up and put the stuff in the refrigerator. Will have our turkey dinner Friday noon.

AJ and I will head out early afternoon for the District Youth Gathering. Should be a good weekend. Just pray it does not snow tomorrow as forecasted.

No comments: