Sunday, September 25, 2011

Where have I been?

Well, I have not blogged anywhere for a while and decided to return to blogger. What have I been doing the last two years? Two years ago, after much soul searching and prayer, I made the decision to return to school. I enrolled at Iowa Lakes Community College in their nursing program. I am less that one year away from getting my Associate Degree Nursing which is a two year RN program. School has kept me very busy with studying and classes. This semester has been busy with clinical work. I go to my assigned hospital two days a week and give patient care. It has been a wonderful learning experience and my clinical instructor is wonderful. Two years ago, Andrew was preparing for deployment. He left December 26, 2009 and returned on December 17, 2010. He spend the year in Iraq. He was there during the transition to our military being advisors to the Iraqis. He seemed to learn and do a lot while there. He was thankful to return to the states. He has since received his Honorable Discharge in August and is taking general education classes at the same community college I attend. He is looking at a couple of universities for next school year. Daniel is now living and working in Lincoln Nebraska where he moved about 3 years ago. He loves his job there and returned to an area where he has a lot of friends. Since he as been there, we have taken in a few Nebraska football games. Michelle got married to Ben in May 2009 and they live in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Michelle teaches upper level Spanish at a private school in Iowa City and Ben is a DCE in Hiawatha. David continues to serve our Lord as Pastor to the people of St. Luke's and Immanual here in north central Iowa. God has blessed us and our family immensely. Well, that is my update for now.

1 comment:

lindacreates said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. Congratulations on beating ovca! I just celebrated 13 years and I have also gone on a no flour or sugar eating plan and feel much better. I haven't had bowel issues like I used to. I dealt with chronic obstructions. I would love to see some of your quilts. It sounds like you are very busy with school.