Sunday, September 16, 2007

Scratching My Head

Ok, there are times, too many actually, that I don't get to sleep very early. I have been known to wander around Youtube. I have found some fun ones done by Soldiers where they sing and dance, pulling pranks and having some fun. Many of these ae taped in Iraq. I sometimes read the comments on the vids. There are always the political comments on whethere we should still have any one in Iraq or not. Come to expect those.

The ones that have me scratchiing my head are ones that convery several messages.
1. Aren't they suppose to be fighting 24/7?
2. and they have time to have fun?
3. They are in a serious situation, how can they be having fun?

Ok, It has been how many years since the fighting went on 24/7? How is the job of being a Soldier, a Marine, an Airman, a Sailor any different than civilian jobs in respect to number of hours worked, breaks, sleep, etc.

These people serving are just like you and me. Many are in the late teens and early 20's. I don't know, but don't we all have ways to relax and relieve stress? Why should these young people be any different?

Personally, I enjoy seeing our troops relaxing and having fun. These people work hard doing their jobs in a situation many of us will never find ourselves. The fact that they can switch from being a Soldier, Airman, Marine, and Sailor to a normal person and having fun is wonderful to see. I would rather see them relieving the stress in the ways portrayed than to think they are bottling things inside which will come out sooner or later and not necessarily in a good way.

Ok, that is my rant for today. If you want to see some of these fun videos, go to youtube.com and do a search for things like Soldiers dancing, bored Soldiers, etc. You can find some good ones in there. You can also find tributes as well as raw footage on youtube.

No comments: