Facebook has opened up their site to anyone. I did sign up for it and my kids did add me as their friend. While it is nice to have access to their profiles and such, for me it is not necessary as most things they have there, I already know. I am saying that my kids do communicate with the "old" people in their lives. Now, looking around, there are lots of youth who are upset that Facebook has opened up to anyone. Reading their thoughts on some of the groups, I can see why. My thought is if you don't want your parents to know you are doing something, then maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. I odn't see that I will use it much unless there gets to be a group of likeminded "old" people on there. What is funny though, is some of these kids act like their parents are too dumb to use a computer. Just what generation do they think the computers came from. It isn't their generation although they are possibly the ones who use computers and the internet the most.
Another online networking site is Zoints. This is mainly for forum owners to link profiles from their forums to this so members can look for and find other forums out there that may interest them. Anyone can sign up and make a profile though. The neat thing about this one is that you can decide what blocks to use and where to place them. This networking site has only been around about three or four months and is growing all the time. You can look at my profile there: http://quiltangel.zoints.com
As with anything on the internet, there are good profiles and bad profiles on both of these sites. If you decide to join either of these, let me know and we can become friends on those.
No comments:
Post a Comment