On September 23, I take off on another adventure. This time I am heading to Mexico on another mission trip. I am going back to the same place I was at in November 2004. It will be neat to see Emma and Celso again. Pat, Eileen, George and I were on the last one there. There will be two more women from Iowa going. Our team leader and his wife are from Michigan and there will be 7 people from near Rochester NY. Our flights all meet in Chicago O'Hare airport. Now I can't think of a worse place to meet a group but we will do it. Planes will come from Omaha, Des Moines, Detroit and Rochester so it looks like we will meet at the departing gate. We fly on to El Paso TX where workers from Ysleta Lutheran Mission will pick us up. I am not sure if we are staying at the mission but I would think so. I think on Sunday we will head to Janos. I sure hope we have some people to interpret and people to staff the witness station.
It is always fun going on these trips with Pat and Eileen and the last one, George added his touch of humor which was great. It will be fun watching him do the jokes on the new people! It is also fun watching the reactions of people who have never been on one of these trips before. I am not sure how many have not been but will find out shortly.
I am very thankful that God has shown me these opportunities to serve Him in this way. I know I am serving Him anywhere I am but to serve people who have not much and who really appreciate the gift of sight both physically and spiritualy is an awesome thing to be a part of. Most of the people we serve don't look as us as wealthy Americans to do . . . (fill in the blank) for them but that we come to feel a realy need. The smiles and hugs and tears in the eyes when someone puts on a pair of glasses and can see his surroundings clearly is an awesome thing.
I am already wondering where I may the next time. I am wondering if MOST will be sending any teams to the Gulf later on. Maybe I will go there if they do.
God Bless everyone
No comments:
Post a Comment