Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!!

I have been AWOL for a while now. The last 5 weeks have been very interesting. Returning from the District Youth Gathering, I was the cause of a car accident. I kind of spaced things out and went through a stopsign. Hit another car, causing my airbags to deploy. We are thankful that all (2 in other car, myself and my son) all walked away. My broken wrist was the worse injury. My right wrist and I am right handed! I am thankful that God was watching over us and spared us of anything more serious.

Now that my right hand has been in a cast, there is not much that I have been able to do, so quilting, letter writing, typing, cleaning, organizing, etc has been hard to do.

I did go on the exchange student weekend to the Twin Cities and this was a fun weekend. Then Dec. 15, I had my appointment with my oncologist in Rochester. Everything looked good and my CA 125 (the blood test we ovarian cancer pin all our hopes) was 4.8, right where it always is. It has been three years since diagnosis, surgery and treatment!!

Then went to the Twin Cities and met a friend andson at the Mall of America where we had dinner and finished Christmas shopping. Daniel and I went to the airport to meet Michelle upon her return from 3 months of study in Spain. She was excited to be home. Off to Milwaukee where she attended the wedding of some friends. How she managed to have the stamina, I don't know as she did most of the driving. Thanks Michelle!!

Christmas was great with the 5 of us. We all helped prepare dinner which turned out well. It is always wonderful to celebrate our Lord's birth and to ponder the reason for His coming to earth.

Then it was off to Nebraska where everyone but me saw my mother. You see, I got a really nasty stomach bug which laid me pretty low. I hear Mom is doing well. We were going to see Dave's Mom, but he got it too so we bypassed Omaha and came on home.

Now we are getting a nice snowstorm to bring in the New Year. I pray that everyone is safe tonight as they celebrate the New Year. May God grant everyone a Blessed New Year!

No comments: