Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bunny Update and Other Things

We have since seen a baby bunny out there. I was told today that sometimes the mother sits over a hole where the baby is to protect it. I wonder if that is what is going on when this rabbit is sitting so still, that it is protecting the baby.


I have been making progress on vacation plans for David and myself. We are going to go to Pennsylvania and New York and see relatives and some of the sights there. Planning on a few days in New York City also (one of David's cousins liver there). We will be seeing an aunt and uncle and several cousins while around that area. Have not seen my relatives in that area for a very long time and it is going to be fun. Saw David's cousin in April for a very short time at Aunt Lynn's funeral.


I have seen this thing called Dance Dance Revolution where it looks like one can get a good workout playing this video game. One can do a google search with these words to find out what it is about. I first saw it in Mexico fall 2004 in an arcade in the ice cream parlor near where we were. It was fun to watch the kids do it and see how good they were. The other night, I was in an IM chat with some people and it got brought up and got me to thinking about it again. Then yesterday at the mall, we could see one in the arcade and Daniel brought it up. When we went to Best Buy, I decided to look for it. Found the Nintendo version and bought the mat with game and a second mat. Daniel and I were having fun with it. This is a fun way to exercise and can be done any time of year in any weather conditions as you set the temp in your house! It is fun having someone doing it with you. Actually, when Daniel asked about a second mat, I told him I would get it if he did it with me - we got the second mat!


I actually managed to hit a good sale at Kohl's where they had a Buy One Get On deal going. Saved me a bundle. Also bought some more fabric when I went to the quilt shop to buy one little piece. I got more of one I got a couple of weeks ago that Michelle really liked and then I saw another fabric that I loved that should go with the first one. Now to find a pattern or to design one for this fabric and get going on it for Michelle. Have not posted a picture as it is hard to get a good photo of the fabric, no matter what setting, it washes out. Looks better in real life.

That is my life so far this week.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Aunt Jane!! That is so exciting that you have Dance Dance Revolution! I played that once at camp and grew addicted!!! (but it's a pretty poor addition as I've only been able to do it once since then! :) ) But at any rate, I would love to play that with you sometime! And if you see any good deals on it, I really would like to find it to bring back to Taiwan.... sometimes inside exercise is necessary and with limited options, I would LOVE to get it! ... I would also need to get a system though... hmm... .which one do you (or Daniel or AJ) suggest? :)